10th Annual Capital Winter Classic presented by the Kanata Blazers - Weekend 1 (ODMHA Sanction Number 13-014)
January 10 2014 - January 12 2014
Tier II & III - 'AA' & 'B/A'
Bantam B/A: $1,013.27 + HST ($1,145) / Bantam AA: $1,234.51+HST ($1,395)
Number of Teams
60 teams total (across all divisions)
Games Per Team
Tier II: 4 Game Minimum (maximum of 7 games), Tier III: 3 Game Minimum (max of 6 games)
NO ADMISSION/GATE FEES FOR 2013! Tier III Teams will play a minimum of THREE (3) round-robin games, followed by playoff rounds for those teams that qualify. Tier II teams will play a minimum of FOUR (4) round-robin games, followed by playoff rounds for those teams that qualify. This tournament is for tier II & III teams, meaning 'AA' 'A' or 'B' teams, depending on the centre your team is from. No ALL-STAR or SELECT level teams will be admitted into this tournament, as per ODMHA regulations. Period Lengths: B/A divisions will feature 3 x 12 minute stop time periods, while AA Divisions will feature 2 x 12, 1 x 15 minute stop time periods. Body contact IS permitted at all levels. All teams MUST be prepared to start as early as 8:00am Friday, January 10th (consideration will be given as much as possible to those teams travelling the furthest).
NOTE- The Bell Sensplex will be tournament headquarters for this tournament, however, teams may be required to play other games at an external facility in the area.
The 10th annual edition of the Capital Winter Classic will be headquartered at the state-of-the-art Bell Sensplex, where parents can enjoy the action from the comfort of Stanley's Restaurant above.
Starting this year, the Sensplex is pleased to guarantee a four-game minimum for Tier II teams and to offer free admission to all spectators for the duration of the Capital Winter Classic!
Your team and parents will thank you for coming to Ottawa for your first tournament of the new year!
Some tournament features include:
- Prizing awarded to Champions & Finalists
- Awards ceremony following EVERY game for "Player of the Game" selections from both teams
- Tournament memento for all players
- Great competition
- Free admission for all spectators!
- A guaranteed FOUR game minimum for Tier II teams (up from 3 games in previous years)
- Best facility anywhere for tournaments (3 NHL, 1 International sized arenas)
- Fantastic hotels, shopping and amenities within 3 minutes of tournament headquarters
The Bell Sensplex features plenty to compliment the action on the ice, including:
- Stanley's Restaurant & Bar
- Lightning Blade Pro Shop
- Minor Bantam AA: Kanata Blazers (finalist – Ottawa Sting)
- Major Bantam AA: St. Lawrence Thunder (finalist – Nepean Raiders)
- Minor Bantam B/A: Mississippi Thunder Kings (finalist – Kanata Blazers)
- Major Bantam B/A: Nepean Raiders (finalist - Gloucester Orleans Blues)
- Minor Bantam AA: Ottawa Sting (Finalist: Kanata Blazers)
- Major Bantam AA: Rideau St. Lawrence Kings (Finalist: Kanata Blazers)
- Minor Bantam B/A: Ottawa Sting (Finalist: Leitrim Hawks)
- Major Bantam B/A: Cobourg Jr. Cougars (Finalist: Toronto Eagles)
Congratulations to all past champions and finalists of the Capital Winter Classic!
There will be top notch prizing for Champions & Finalists at each division, as well as player of the game awards for each team every game! All players will receive a tournament memento.
Some teams may play games at another local facility, including our sister facility, the CAVANAGH SENSPLEX.
Note that AE, MD, A, and B teams will compete together.
Hudson Travel Group is the exclusive travel partner for all tournaments hosted by the Bell Sensplex. Booking with them is a mandatory condition of acceptance for all out of town teams. Accommodations for all events at the Bell Sensplex will be arranged on your behalf by Kelly Dooley at [email protected] or 1-800-668-5596. This will ensure your team the lowest rates on a FULL range of area hotels.