10th Annual Capital Winter Classic presented by the Kanata Blazers - Weekend 2 (ODMHA Sanction Number 13-014)
January 24 2014 - January 26 2014
Tier II (Peewee) 'A/AA' & III (Atom & Peewee) - 'B/A'
Atom: $969.03+HST ($1,095) / Peewee B/A: $1,013.27+HST ($1,145) / Peewee AA: $1,146.02+HST ($1,295)
Number of Teams
Games Per Team
Tier II: 4 game minimum, Tier III: 3 Game Minimum (maximum of 6 games)
Tier III Teams will play a minimum of THREE (3) round-robin games, followed by playoff rounds for those teams that qualify. Tier II Teams will play a minimum of FOUR (4) round-robin games, followed by playoff rounds for those teams that qualify. Period lengths can be found in tournament rules, below. Body checking is not permitted. This tournament is for 'AA' 'A' 'B' 'MD' & 'AE' teams, depending on the centre your team is from. No ALL-STAR or SELECT level teams will be admitted into this tournament, as per ODMHA regulations.
All teams MUST be prepared to start as early as 8:00am Friday, January 24th.
NOTE- The Bell Sensplex will be tournament headquarters for this tournament, however teams may play games at other Ottawa facilities.
Note that AE, MD, A, and B teams may compete together.
NO ADMISSION/GATE FEES FOR 2013!
The 10th annual edition of the Capital Winter Classic will be headquartered at the state-of-the-art Bell Sensplex, where parents can enjoy the action from the comfort of Stanley's Restaurant above.
Starting this year, the Sensplex is pleased to guarantee a four-game minimum for Tier II teams and to offer free admission to all spectators for the duration of the Capital Winter Classic.
Your team and parents will thank you for coming to Ottawa to start 2014 in style!
Some tournament features include:
- Prizing awarded to Champions & Finalists
- Awards ceremony following EVERY game for "Player of the Game" selections from both teams
- Tournament memento for all players
- Great competition
- Best facility anywhere for tournaments (3 NHL, 1 International sized arenas)
- Free admission for all spectators!
- A guaranteed FOUR game minimum for Tier II teams (up from 3 games in previous years
- Fantastic hotels, shopping and amenities within 3 minutes of tournament headquarters
The Bell Sensplex features plenty to compliment the action on the ice, including:
- Stanley's Restaurant & Bar
- Lightning Blade Pro Shop
- Minor Atom B/A: Brantford 99’ers (Finalist: RWC Crusaders)
- Major Atom B/A: Leitrim Hawks (Finalist: Kitchener Jr. Rangers)
- Minor Peewee B/A: Ottawa West Golden Knights (Finalist: Ottawa Sting)
- Major Peewee B/A: Nickle City Tigers (Finalist: Stouffville Clippers)
- Minor Peewee AA/A: Ottawa Sting (Finalist: Canton Bears)
- Major Peewee AA: Brantford 99’ers (Finalist: Cumberland Jr. Grads)
- Minor Atom B/A: Brantford 99’ers (Finalist: Kanata Blazers)
- Major Atom B/A: Petawawa Patriots (Finalist: Leitrim Hawks)
- Minor Peewee B/A: Nepean Raiders White (Finalist: Nepean Raiders Black)
- Major Peewee B/A: Canton Golden Bears (Finalist: Cornwall Colts)
- Minor Peewee AA/A: Kingston Canadians (Finalist: Ottawa Sting)
- Major Peewee AA: Kanata Blazers (Finalist: North Toronto)
Congratulations to all past champions and finalists of the Capital Winter Classic!
Hudson Travel Group is the exclusive travel partner for all tournaments hosted by the Bell Sensplex. Booking with them is a mandatory condition of acceptance for all out of town teams. Accommodations for all events at the Bell Sensplex will be arranged on your behalf by Kelly Dooley at [email protected] or 1-800-668-5596. This will ensure your team the lowest rates on a FULL range of area hotels.