12th Annual Capital Sports Spring 4-on-4 Youth Tournament presented by the Ottawa Senators Summer Hockey Camps
June 9 2017 - June 10 2017
Recreational & Competitive Divisions at: Initiation (Rec only), Novice, Atom, Peewee, Bantam & Midget (no 99's permitted)
$632.74 + HST ($715 per team)
Games per Team
4 game minimum (up to 6 games depending on the size of the division)
Teams will play a minimum of 4 games, with some divisions completing these games in a combination of round robin and playoff games, while other larger divisions will feature up to 4 round robin games plus playoffs.
This 12th annual tournament will allow players to get additional on-ice fun and skill development after their 16-17 hockey season is done! It will feature a modified version of the rules of Ottawa Senators 4-on-4 youth league that has been so successful, and this season will have hundreds of teams city-wide.
There will be prizing for Champions & Finalists as well as a player of the game selected from each team, every game. Also, ONE lucky player will be selected at random to win a FREE WEEK at the Ottawa Senators 2017 Summer Hockey Camp of their choice. These camps feature the very best team of instructors in the region, as well as appearances by past, or current members of the Senators organization.
(for full information on Sens Hockey Camps, visit: http://www.sensplex.ca/ottawa-senators-summer-hockey-camps)
Both boys & girls teams are welcome. Teams will not be separated into separate boys & girls divisions, as they will be seeded based on overall ability where the number of teams at each age group allows.
- Each game will occupy approximately a 30 minute ice block.
- Games will be played using the "continuous flow" philosophy with no face-offs.
- Breaks between games will be kept to a minimum where scheduling allows, but could be up to 2 hrs. In some cases, back to back games may be used.
- Teams must be prepared to start as early as 2 p.m. on Friday, June 9th. Playoff games will be completed by Saturday night, giving parents a day off on Sunday.
- The maximum roster size is 10 skaters plus a goaltender, unless prior permission is received.
- A Minimum of 4 skaters plus a goaltender must be available to start a game.
- All Players on each team should have the same colour jerseys.
- No player may participate for more than one team in the tournament.
- Register as a full team
SEEDING - COMPETITIVE VS RECREATIONAL:
Teams with at least half 'competitive' players should apply to the "competitive" levels, while teams of mostly 'house league' players will be seeded at the "recreational" level. Once actual team evaluation is done, based on applications received, teams MAY be re-seeded.
Novice 'A' is considered as competitive, as is Novice 'B' from areas that do not have 'A' above them (e.g. Brockville, Embrun, and similar).
There will be no minor & major groups, but rather just "rec" & "competitive" levels of play within each age group. At some divisions, there will be only one division of play. (For example in the Novice age group, you may have both 2008 & 2009 birth date players. If you have many more '09's than '08's, you may be seeded at the Recreational level).
AGE LEVELS WILL BE BASED UPON THE 16-17 SEASON (eg. Bantam is 2002-03, Novice is 2008-09).