16th Annual Capital Winter Classic Presented by the Kanata Blazers - Weekend 1
January 3 2020 - January 5 2020
Tier II ('AA) & III (B/A) - Minor Bantam, Major Bantam, Minor Midget, Major Midget ('06, '05, '04, & '02/'03 divisions)
Min & Maj Bantam B/A: $1,635.00 (tax included)
Min & Maj Bantam AA: $1,650.00 (tax included)
Min & Maj Midget B/A: $1,670.00 (tax included)
Min & Maj Midget AA: $1,785.00 (tax included)
The 16th annual edition of the Capital Winter Classic will be jointly headquartered at the state-of-the-art Bell Sensplex and Richcraft Sensplex, where parents can enjoy the action from the comfort of Stanley's Restaurant above.
The Sensplex is pleased to now guarantee a four-game minimum for all teams and aim to provide teams with their best tournament experience of the season with the Capital Winter Classic!
Your team and parents will thank you for coming to Ottawa for your first tournament of the new year!
Some tournament features include:
- A guaranteed FOUR game minimum for Tier II AND Tier lll teams
- Longer games than many tournaments (see period lengths below)
- Prizing awarded to Champions & Finalists
- Awards ceremony following EVERY game for "Player of the Game" selections from both teams
- Great competition
- Best facility anywhere for tournaments (3 NHL, 1 International sized arenas)
- Fantastic hotels, shopping and amenities within 3 minutes of tournament headquarters
- Returning after great reviews in its first year - HockeyTV. HockeyTV is a subscription based service that broadcasts all games played at the Bell and Richcraft Sensplex both live and on-demand.
The Bell Sensplex AND Richcraft Sensplex facilities feature exceptional amenities, including:
- Stanley's Restaurant & Bar (overlooking the action on the Canadian Tire & Mattamy Homes arenas at the Bell Sensplex, along with the Canadian Tire, Scotiabank and HEO arenas at the Richcraft Sensplex)
- Hobbins Hockey Shop
Note that AE, MD, A, and B teams will compete together in the B/A division. The AA division will feature strictly AA teams.
Hudson Travel Group is the exclusive travel partner for all Sensplex Tournaments. Booking with them is a mandatory condition of acceptance for all out of town teams. Accommodations for all events at the Sensplex facilities will be arranged on your behalf by Kelly Dooley at [email protected] or 1-800-668-5596. This will ensure your team the lowest rates possible for group bookings.
We are proud to offer a special tournament participant rate to the Ottawa Senators game pending NHL schedule Interested teams can contact Ottawa Senators group sales account manager Nick Butts at [email protected] or by phone at 613-599-0247 for more details. Team tournament scheduling will accommodate group ticket purchases. Please note that ticket sales will be limited and sold on a first come first serve basis to accommodate tournament scheduling needs.
Teams at this year's tournament will enjoy the benefits of our new partnership with Recharge with Milk. Players of the game will be treated to a delicious and nutritious chocolate milk, perfect for recovery between or after games. Recharge with Milk will also be providing some fantastic prizes which teams can enter via a draw. Make sure to stop by the Recharge with Milk booth when you're playing at the Bell Sensplex.
HEO Minor Sanction # - Coming Soon
FEATURED TEAMS FROM PAST TOURNAMENTS:
- Fredericton Caps (NB)
- Yellowknife Wolfpack (NWT)
- Kapuskasing IceHawks (ON)
- Robins Mid-Isle Matrix (PEI)
- New Hampshire Avalanche (USA)
Bantam B/A Divisions: Games will consist of 3 x 12 minute stop-time periods
Bantam AA & Midget B/A Divisions: Games will consist of 2 x 12, 1 x 15 minute stop-time periods
Midget AA Divisions: Games will consist of 1 x 12, 2 X 15
*Please note that all divisions in this tournament will feature body checking*
Four game minimum (4) with up to seven games possible depending on division.
Teams may play all or most of their games in either the east or west end of the City due to the fact that this year's tournament boasts TWO 4-pad facilities at the tournament headquarters (Bell Sensplex & Richcraft Sensplex)
All teams MUST be able to start as early as 8:00am on Friday, January 3rd.