8 Weeks of Prizes - 2017 Ottawa Senators Summer Hockey Camps
THE 2018 OTTAWA SENATORS SUMMER HOCKEY CAMPS “8 WEEKS OF PRIZES” CONTEST
1. The 2018 Ottawa Senators Summer Hockey Camps “8 Weeks of Prizes” Contest (the “Contest”) is conducted by Capital Sports Management Inc. (the “Sponsor”) and is open to:
a. individuals who: (i) are legal residents of Canada; (ii) currently reside in either the province of Ontario or the province of Quebec; and (iii) have reached the age of majority in the province in which they reside (“Individual Entrants”); and
Individual Entrants and Business Entrants shall be collectively referred to in these Contest Rules as “entrants” and individually referred to in these Contest Rules as an “entrant”.
2. Individual Entrants are not eligible to participate in the Contest if they are:
a) owners, governors, officers, directors, partners, players (current and former), principals, employees, agents, representatives, and volunteers of the Sponsor, any business located in the Bell Sensplex, Richcraft Sensplex or Cavanagh Sensplex, the Canadian Tire Centre, the NHL, the NHL Member Clubs, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., the NHLPA,or their respective agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, related or parent companies, sponsors, advertising or promotional agencies, or assignees; or
b) a member of the household and/or immediate family of any of the parties listed in paragraph (a) above. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, “immediate family” means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son and/or daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household.
3. The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry or entrant in its sole discretion, should any entry or entrant at any stage contain and/or supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
HOW TO ENTER
4. The Contest begins on Monday, May 7, 2018 at 8:00 a.m. and ends on Friday, June 29, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (the “Contest Period”). Unless otherwise indicated, all times listed in these Contest Rules refer to Eastern Standard Time.
5. There are two methods of entry for the Contest as described below:
a. Automatic Entry - Entrants may automatically enter the Contest by completing an online registration and paying for any 2018 Ottawa Senators Summer Hockey Camp based at the Bell Sensplex, Richcraft Sensplex or Cavanagh Sensplex, taking place between July 3, 2018 and August 31, 2018.
Entrant acknowledges that to be eligible for automatic entry into the Contest: (i) his/her application must be deemed acceptable by the Sponsor’s Credit Department (such determination to be made in the department’s sole discretion); and (ii) his/her account must be in good standing during the Contest Period including without limitation, the receipt by the Sponsor of any deposit payment as set out in the entrant’s purchase agreement.
If camp registrants do not wish to be automatically entered into the Contest, they must call 1-613-599-0222 during the Contest Period and their qualifying purchases will be removed from the pool of eligible entries for the Contest.
b. No Purchase Entry - For a no purchase method of entry, entrants must write a minimum 50-word essay describing “Your favourite moment from an Ottawa Senators hockey program or camp you attended”. Essays must be submitted along with a hand-drawn ballot indicating “2018 Ottawa Senators Summer Hockey Camps “8 Weeks of Prizes” Contest” and the following information:
(i) for Individual Entrants – full name, home telephone number, and valid email address,by mail or hand delivery to the attention of the “2018 Ottawa Senators Summer Hockey Camps “8 Weeks of Prizes” Contest” c/o the Ottawa Senators Hockey Programs, Bell Sensplex, 1565 Maple Grove Road, Ottawa, Ontario, K2V 1A3.
6. No entries will be accepted by any other means. All entries must be received during the Contest Period. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per entrant. Entries received through the method described in section 7(a) above will be deemed to be submitted by the camp registrant of record. Potential winners may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized camp registrant associated with the winning entry. All entries received after the end of the Contest Period shall be null and void. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and none will be returned for any reason. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered, garbled, mechanically or electronically reproduced, or tampered with in any way.
7. There are 8 weeks of prizes in total, each week featuring a unique prize (each a “Prize”, collectively the “Prizes”) to be awarded to Contest winners (each a “Winner”, collectively the “Winners”) through a series of random draws as described in section 10 below. The Prizes are summarized in the chart found in section 10 below and the approximate retail value of each Prize is given inclusive of applicable taxes and fees. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received prior to the deadline for each draw. Each entrant will be eligible to win one (1) Prize per draw, until a prize has been won. Once a prize of any kind has been won, the entrant will not be eligible for any further prizes.
8. Prizes must be accepted as awarded (including but not limited to compliance with any and all scheduling requirements) and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except that the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded as described due to unavailability for any reason. In the event that a Prize consists of or includes attendance at an event that is cancelled, delayed or rescheduled for any reason whatsoever, a substitute prize or cash equivalent will not be provided. Winners and their guests are responsible for transportation, parking accommodation, food and beverage and all taxes, gratuities and all other incidental costs pertaining to the Prizes. The actual values of the Prizes depend on market conditions at the time of fulfilment. Any difference between the stated approximate retail value and the actual value of Prizes will not be awarded.
9. Each Winner may claim his/her Prize at the Bell Sensplex located at 1565 Maple Grove Road, Ottawa, Ontario OR the Richcraft Sensplex located at 813 Shefford Road, Ottawa, Ontario seven (7) days after he/she has been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Prize, has complied with the Contest Rules and has signed and returned the Contest Release (described below) and any other documentation required by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Sponsor will notify each winner
10. On each of the draw dates (each a “Draw Date”, collectively the “Draw Dates”) set out below from May 14, 2018 through July 2, 2018, between 9:00am and 3:00 p.m. at Bell Sensplex in Ottawa, Ontario, one (1) eligible entrant will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries received by the respective Draw Date’s deadline to enter (as set out in the chart below) to become the Winner of the respective Draw Date’s Prize (subject to compliance with these Contest Rules) (one (1) Prize per draw per Winner). For greater certainty:
The pool of eligible entries for this Contest shall be cumulative. By way of example, an eligible entry received on May 7, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. shall be added to the pool of eligible entries for the draws to be held on May 14, 2018 through July 2, 2018. If an eligible entry is received after a respective Draw Date’s deadline to enter (as set out in the chart below) it will be added to the pool for the next Draw Date and the Draw Dates thereafter.
Entrants are not eligible to win multiple Prizes. Once an entrant has won a Prize, he/she will not be included in future Draw Dates.
The Sponsor will begin notifying selected eligible entrants by telephone on the respective Draw Date by 3:00 p.m. If a selected eligible entrant cannot be contacted by email or telephone within forty-eight (48) hours of the respective draw, he/she will be disqualified and another eligible entrant will be selected and contacted. The Sponsor is not responsible for a selected eligible entrant’s failure to receive notification for any reason whatsoever. Each selected eligible entrant who is successfully contacted and who fulfils all of the requirements set out in these Contest Rules shall win his/her respective Prize.
SKILL TESTING QUESTION
11. In order to be eligible to win a Prize, selected eligible entrants shall be required to correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Selected eligible entrants may be required to swear an affidavit indicating compliance with this section. The skill-testing question will be administered by telephone.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
12. By participating in this Contest, entrant agrees:
a) to be bound by the Contest Rules;
b) to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects; and
c) to sign and return a publicity release and release of liability (the “Contest Release”) which confirms, among other things, that the entrant: (i) releases the Sponsor (Capital Sports Management Inc.), its parent company (the Ottawa Senators), Capital Sports Properties Inc. (Canadian Tire Centre), Aramark Entertainment Services (Canada), Inc., the NHL, the NHL Member Clubs, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., the NHLPA and current and former players, and each of their respective affiliates, parents, and related entities, as well as the owners, governors, officers, directors, partners, partnerships, principals, employees, agents, representatives, volunteers, sponsors, promoters, and advertisers of all the foregoing from any and all liability arising out of or in any way connected to his/her participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity, the acceptance, use or misuse of a Prize, the use of personal information described herein and the use of merchandise purchased as a result of winning a Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (ii) grants to the Sponsor and/or its agents the unrestricted right to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use, as applicable:
the Individual Entrant’s city/province of residence, statements, endorsements, biography, name, voice, photograph and/or likeness; or
the Business Entrant’s city/province of head operations, statements, endorsements, name and/or Representative’s name and title,
for advertising and/or publicity purposes without compensation, other than the value of the Prizes offered, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised.
PUBLICITY RELEASE AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
13. The executed Contest Release must be returned within five (5) business days of receipt or a selected eligible entrant shall be disqualified and his/her respective Prize forfeited.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
14. The Sponsor is not responsible or liable for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, misdirected, stolen, delayed, damaged or destroyed entries, notifications, replies or any Contest Release; for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, Internet Service Providers, websites or other connection, related to the Contest; for errors of any kind, including but not limited to human, electronic, mechanical and/or technical in nature; for failure or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer and online systems, servers, computer equipment, software, email, players, or browsers on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, any website related to the Contest, or any combination thereof; for any injury or damage to entrant, entrant’s computer, or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading material in connection with the Contest; for incorrect or inaccurate information; for weather conditions, event cancellations, delay or rescheduling or other factors beyond the Sponsor’s control.
15. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who is found to be tampering with the entry process or with the operation and administration of the Contest; acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest; or in violation of the Contest Rules. The Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law, including but not limited to criminal prosecution.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Seat Package purchasers who do not wish to enter the Contest can opt out as described in section 7(a) above.
19. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, logos, slogans and representations are owned or used under license by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
20. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
21. Subject to the jurisdiction of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, or modify, amend or suspend the Contest and/or the Contest Rules in any way at any time for any reason without prior notice or compensation.
22. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. In the event that there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the French language version of the Contest Rules, the English version shall prevail, govern and control.
23. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials or advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
24. These Contest Rules will be available at the Capital Sports Management Inc. reception desk located at the Bell Sensplex, 1565 Maple Grove Road, Ottawa, Ontario, K2V 1A3 and online at http://www.sensplex.ca/ottawa-senators-summer-hockey-camps throughout the Contest Period.