Complete Player Development
Become a great all-around player with a class designed to teach you the fundamental skills needed to succeed this season!
The Complete Player Development program will teach proper skating habits - designed to make you a more powerful and efficient skater - while also giving you thorough instruction on the proper methods of stick-handling, puck control, shooting, and passing.
Each class begins with drills designed to work on all four edges, which when mastered will allow players to improve agility and speed through an efficient skating stride. Our qualified skating instructors will cover the proper habits for forwards and backwards skating, transitions, crossovers, and tight turns. The second portion of the class will develop the ability to shoot with accuracy, quickness and power, the confidence to maintain and control the puck in every game situation, and the stick-handling techniques needed to take your game to the next level.
We believe that perfection and excellence comes through repetition and as such all subsequent sessions while following the same basic program outline and structure will focus on, with new drills and other small variations, the same core skills and techniques.
*Please note that the IP Complete Player Development Program (held in previous years) has now become the IP Fundamental Skills program.
- Spring Session - May to June
- Richcraft Sensplex: Tuesday Nights
- Bell Sensplex: Monday & Tuesday Nights
- Six Week Program (1 hour skill development per week)
- Novice to Bantam (2003 – 2010)
- Cost: $195
Program Dates & Times
Richcraft Sensplex (Gloucester)
22, 29, June 5, 12, 19, 26
6:15 p.m.- Novice Register Now - this session is pro-rated
7:15 p.m - Atom/Peewee/Bantam Register Now - this session is pro-rated
Bell Sensplex (Kanata)
*NEW* OPTION 1: Mondays
23**, 28, June 4, 11, 18, 25
**Please note there is no class on Monday May 21 (Victoria Day). Class is on Wednesday May 23, at 4:15 PM.
- 5:00 p.m. - Novice/Atom/Peewee/Bantam Click here to join the waitlist - SOLD OUT, Register for the Complete Player Development Summer Camp
OPTION 2: Tuesdays
22, 29, June 5, 12, 19, 26
- 6:15 p.m. - Novice Click here to join the waitlist - SOLD OUT, Register for the Complete Player Development Summer Camp
- 7:15 p.m. - Novice/Atom/Peewee/Bantam Click here to join the waitlist - SOLD OUT, Register for the Complete Player Development Summer Camp
Complete Player Development Curriculum
|Week #||Skating||Puck Skills|
|1||Hockey stance & balance, extension & recovery in forward stride, tight turns||
|Stationary shooting, correct technique on a pass & follow|
*This is the main outline for the Complete Player Development program. Depending on the level of the class, day-to-day lessons may change throughout the session.
- Ages 7-8 Novice - born 2009-2010
- Ages 9-10 Atom - born 2007-2008
- Ages 11-12 Peewee - born 2005-2006
- Ages 13-14 Bantam - born 2003-2004
All of our hockey programs require full equipment to be provided by the parent/guardian. No child shall participate without: Hockey skates, CSA-approved helmet (with cage), neck guard, shoulder pads, elbow pads, hockey pants, jock or jill, shin pads, hockey gloves and a hockey stick. Mouth guards are optional.
Please call 613 599 0222, or email [email protected]. E-mails with scheduling and general information go out one week prior to the start date.
Refund Policy: Read our Refund & Cancellation Policy.