Edgeworks Morning Sessions
Take control of your edges during this eight-week morning program that breaks down the fundamental components of skating efficiency, power, balance, and agility, combined with advanced hockey-specific station work which will enhance the skills of any player!
- Bell Sensplex: Thursday mornings at 7 AM or 8 AM
- Novice to Bantam (2003 – 2010)
- Cost: $315
- Drop-in sessions: $45 (limited availability - email Kate Holzhuter at [email protected] for availability and inquiries.
This program consists of one hour of ice time a week, in which skaters will rotate through stations led by Ryan Smyth, our Head of Hockey Development, and either Mary Yarush or one of our lead figure skating instructors.
Stations will include work on using all four edges of your skate blades, full-stride extension, recovery, balance, pivots, crossovers, tight turns, backwards skating, agility, and stops, as well as shooting, puck control, and other essential hockey skills.
Hockey-specific drills will push skaters outside their comfort zones, challenging them to learn effective skating techniques along with proper body and stick positioning in drills that replicate game situations. Concepts introduced will include under handling, puck protection, off-balance shooting, and more.
Instant feedback and correction will be provided in small group sizes, where the ratio will not exceed 1:4 (4 participants to each instructor).
As this program involves advanced drills, applications are subject to review to ensure suitability for the program
Program Dates and Times
Email Kate Holzhuter at [email protected] for availability and inquiries.
Bell Sensplex - Thursday
November 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, December 7, 14, 21
- 7 AM class - Register Now - this session is SOLD OUT - registration for Winter 7 AM class is open, see below
- 8 AM class - Register Now - this session is pro-rated
Bell Sensplex - Thursday January 11, 18, 25, February 1, 9*, 15, 22, March 1
*Please note there is no class on February 8. Class is moved to Friday February 9.
- 7 AM class - Register Now - this session SOLD OUT last time! - already 40% full
- 8 AM class - Register Now
Bell Sensplex - Thursday March 22, 29, April 5, 12, 19, 26, May 3, 10
- Ages 7-8 Novice - born 2009-2010
- Ages 9-10 Atom - born 2007-2008
- Ages 11-12 Peewee - born 2005-2006
- Ages 13-14 Bantam - born 2003-2004
All of our hockey programs require full equipment to be provided by the parent/guardian. No child shall participate without: Hockey skates, CSA- approved helmet (with cage), neck guard, shoulder pads, elbow pads, hockey pants, jock or jill, shin pads, hockey gloves and a hockey stick. Mouth guards are optional.
Please call 613 599 0222, or email [email protected] for more information regarding schedule. E-mails with scheduling and general information go out one week prior to the start date.
Refund Policy: Read our Refund & Cancellation Policy.