Evening Adult Skill Development
Adult Skill Development Programs
Get off the couch and become a better "beer league" player with an Evening Adult Skill Development program!
The professional instructors of the Ottawa Senators Hockey Programs will help adult hockey players with beginner to intermediate abilities develop their skills and get a fun workout at the same time.
In these 8-week evening sessions, adults will have a chance to get on the ice and improve skating, shooting, passing, and puck control with the emphasis placed on becoming a well-rounded player. All sessions will feature a controlled scrimmage at the end of each class to illustrate key points in game situations (while stopping play where necessary). Come experience game-changing skill development and great exercise through world-class teaching!
Evening Adult Skill Development
- Bell Sensplex: Tuesday Nights 8:15 p.m.
- Richcraft Sensplex:Tuesday Nights 8:15 p.m.
- Eight weeks (1 hour of skill development per week)
- Develop the skill set needed to be a well-rounded player, with a combination of our Performance & Power Skating, Complete Player Development and Practice & Play programs! The majority of each session will focus on drills intended to teach proper skating habits - to make you a more powerful and efficient skater - while also giving you thorough instruction on the proper methods of stick-handling, puck control, shooting, and passing. Each session will end with a short controlled scrimmage, with instructors stopping play to illustrate key teaching points.
- Cost: $259 (HST extra)
Program Dates: 2017-18
- Session 1: Richcraft Sensplex: Tuesday October 17- December 12/ Bell Sensplex: Tuesday October 24- December 12 - These sessions are pro-rated online!
- * Please note there is no class on Tuesday October 31st.
- * Bell Sensplex - Please note Halloween Make Up class date- Wednesday November 1st. (Happy Halloween!)
- Session 2: Richcraft Sensplex & Bell Sensplex: Tuesday January 16 - March 6
- Session 3: Richcraft Sensplex & Bell Sensplex: Tuesday March 20 - May 8
- Session 4: Richcraft Sensplex & Bell Sensplex: Tuesday May 22 - June 26
- Session 4 is a six-week session: $159 (HST extra).
All of our hockey programs require full equipment. No participating without: Hockey skates, CSA-approved helmet, elbow pads, hockey pants, jock or jill, shin pads, hockey gloves and a hockey stick. Shoulder pads and a neckguard are not mandatory but are strongly recommended. Mouth guards are optional.
Adult Program Curriculum
|1||Balance, knee flexion, stride extension & recovery||Stationary stick-handling, proper technique for passing & puck carrying|
|2||Backward skating technique, straight pivots (forward to backward & backward to forward)||Passing & receiving a pass/quick release|
|3||Straight pivots, tight turns||Stationary passing (one-touch passing), shooting / quick release|
|4||Crossovers, transitional pivots, tight turns||Passing, timing, puck carrying|
|5||Stopping/quick starts, transitional pivots||Passing in motion, puck carrying, shooting in motion|
|6||Backwards crossovers, quick starts (Focus on first three steps)||Offensive zone positioning, shooting|
|7||Forwards/backwards crossovers||Passing in motion, backwards puck handling, creativity/dekes|
|8||Review of all skills||Review of all skills|
Please call 613 599 0222 or email [email protected] for more information regarding schedule. E-mails with scheduling and general information go out one week prior to the start date.
Refund Policy: Read our Refund & Cancellation Policy.