Girls Only Scoring Clinics
Goal scoring in girls’ hockey is an issue facing most players and teams. The reasons for lower production can be debated, but with this one-of-a-kind program we are excited to attack three key areas that we believe will help our participants take their offensive game to the next level.
This program will feature stations designed to:
- Improve shooting accuracy & power
- Enhance puck control abilities (particularly in tight spaces) by addressing hand position, knee bend and stick-handling technique
- Improve reaction time, awareness and compete levels, and teach girls to capitalize on net-front opportunities (particularly, scoring on rebounds & deflections)
Pucks will be in play for all stations, ensuring that girls will have the opportunity to take more shots and handle more pucks than in any program we’ve ever run in the past.
Players will hone the proper technique required for wrist shots, snap shots, slap shots and back-hand shots. Drills and stations will focus on puck control, dekes and skating with speed, as well as the proper body positioning needed to protect the puck at all times. All drills are designed to increase confidence and assertiveness with the puck and in winning battles.
Our qualified Ottawa Senators Hockey Programs instructors bring a wealth of experience teaching the skills needed to develop well-rounded puck skills. Our experience as a skill development provider for the Nepean Girls Hockey Association, Kanata Girls Hockey Association, and Ottawa Girls Hockey Association, as well as a provider of girls only camps, makes us uniquely qualified to design and lead a program based on the needs of girls hockey players. Our instructing model is based on error detection & correction, with most drills run in small groups focused on a specific technique or skill.
We can’t wait to help be part of the solution to the goal-scoring drought for the female players of the Ottawa area!
- Bell Sensplex: Monday at 5:15 PM
- Richcraft Sensplex: Tuesday at 5:15 PM
- Eight-week program (1 hour of skill development per week)
- Novice to Bantam (2003 – 2010)
- Cost: $269
100 TICKETS – 100 LEVEL GIVEAWAY: Register for this Ottawa Senators Hockey Program for a chance to win a pair of 100-LEVEL SENS TICKETS!
Program Dates and Times
* Please note there is no class on Tuesday October 31st. (Happy Halloween!)
* Please note there is no class on February 19. This class has been moved to February 21.
- Ages 7-8 Novice - born 2009-10
- Ages 9-10 Atom - born 2007-08
- Ages 11-12 Peewee - born 2005-06
- Ages 13-14 Bantam - born 2003-04
All of our hockey programs require full equipment to be provided by the parent/guardian. No child shall participate without: Hockey skates, CSA-approved helmet (with cage), neck guard, shoulder pads, elbow pads, hockey pants, jock or jill, shin pads, hockey gloves and a hockey stick. Mouth guards are optional.
Please call 613 599 0222, or email [email protected]. E-mails with scheduling and general information go out one week prior to the start date.
Refund Policy: Read our Refund & Cancellation Policy.