Little Sens Learn to Play
Locally, in partnership with HEO, Hockey Outaouais, and the Ottawa Senators Foundation, this new initiative will help introduce children from across Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec to the sport of hockey in a fun and positive setting with minimal time and financial commitments.
Players will receive 1 hour of ice time per week and learn the basics through cross-ice drills and games from an expert team of instructors from the Ottawa Senators Hockey Programs (the leading provider of skill development programs in the Ottawa-Gatineau region) and Hockey Eastern Ontario (the governing branch of Hockey Canada in Ottawa).
Please note that players enrolled in the Learn To Play Hockey Program are expected to meet a minimum skill and ability requirement. Participants MUST be able to stand and propel themselves around the ice as well as be able to fall and get back up to a standing position without assistance. If your child does not know how to skate, we highly recommend that you sign up for Sparty Learn 2 Skate before registering in this program.
Key Program Details:
- All sessions take place on Saturdays at the Richcraft Sensplex (in east Ottawa) or Bell Sensplex (in west Ottawa)
- Each session features 1 hours of ice
- Head to Toe Little Sens hockey equipment (view image)
- Helmet, skates, gloves, shoulder pads, elbow pads, pants, shin pads, stick, equipment bag, socks and a jersey.
- Please note: neck guards and jock/jill not included, but are mandatory.
- Visits by Senators Alumni
- Open to children born from 2009 to 2013 who have not previously registered in minor hockey through HEO, Hockey Outaouais, or ODWHA.
- Three 10-week seasons are available
- Season 1: September to December
- Season 2: January to April
- Season 3: April to June
- Program cost just $175
Schedule & Groups
RICHCRAFT SENSPLEX (Gloucester)
Saturday September 9, 16, 23, 30, October 7, 21, 28, November 4, 11, 18, 25, December 9
* Please note there is no class Saturday October 14 or Saturday December 2.
- Group 1: 12:15 PM
- Group 2: 1:15 PM
BELL SENSPLEX (Kanata)
Saturday September 9, 16, 23, 30, October 14, 28, November 18, 25, December 2, 9, 16, 23
* Please note there is no class Saturday October 7, 21, November 4, or 11.
- Group 1: 3:00 PM
- Group 2: 4:00 PM
- Birth years 2009 to 2013
All of our hockey programs require full equipment to be provided by the parent/guardian. No child shall participate without: Hockey skates, CSA-approved helmet (with cage), neck guard, shoulder pads, elbow pads, hockey pants, jock or jill, shin pads, hockey gloves and a hockey stick. Mouth guards are optional.*
Please call 613 271 5657 or email [email protected] for more information regarding schedule. E-mails with scheduling and general information go out one week prior to the start date.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please click here for frequently asked question's and answers regarding the Little Sens Learn to Play program.
Refund Policy: Read our Refund & Cancellation Policy.