Ottawa Senators Spring 4-on-4 League presented by CEPEO
April 3 2018 - June 23 2019
The Ottawa Senators 4-on-4 League presented by by Conseil des Écoles publiques de l'Est de l'Ontario – CEPEO is back and better than ever!
This league showcases fun and free-flowing hockey, without stoppages, face-offs, or coaches. Participants can expect a minimum of 22 (TWO bonus games this season!) fast-paced games including playoffs, music during all games, player-of-the-game awards, and a Senators youth league jersey. The goal of the league is to encourage creativity and give each player time to develop new skills, in an atmosphere that prioritizes fun. Each year countless parents comment that this was THE most fun hockey of the season for their child.
Location: Bell Sensplex (Kanata) or Richcraft Sensplex (Gloucester)
Only leagues of their kind sanctioned by Hockey Canada (Hockey Eastern Ontario)
- Features divisions for Novice, Atom, Peewee, Bantam and Midget
- Co-ed divisions are available at all levels and both locations
- Girls Only divisions are available at the both locations
- Bell Sensplex offers Girls Only Atom, Peewee, Bantam/ Midget. (IP and Novice availabile in our 3on3 format)
- Set game days for Novice and Atom levels at the Bell Sensplex and ALL divisions at the Richcraft Sensplex (some exceptions for holidays)
- More convenient than ever before for parents!
- Expanded and revamped playoff format (scheduled in advance and includes at least two games)
- Online schedule pushed to mobile devices
- Set days of the week for Bell Sensplex Novice and Atom divisions and for all Richcraft Sensplex divisions
- Body checking is not permitted at any level
- 22 minute games played on a full-ice surface
- Zero coaching to maximize player creativity
- 4-on-4 league games scheduled to avoid conflict with coinciding 3-on-3 league games for players wishing to take part in both leagues (recommended for players who are interested and able to commit to two ice times per week)
Ages for the Spring 2019 League will be based on 2018/19 minor hockey levels:
- IP - 2012-2014
- Novice - 2010-2011
- Atom - 2008-2009
- Peewee - 2007-2006
- Bantam - 2004-2005
- Midget 2001-2003
We Love Goalies!
Goaltenders who register for any of the Ottawa Senators Youth Spring & Summer Leagues will receive a 100% (or more) ice time guarantee with a fabulous development opportunity of facing MANY more shots than in any typical minor hockey setting. They will also receive ALL of the following exclusive benefits:
- A promo code valid for 10% off goaltender entry into most 2019 Ottawa Senators Summer Hockey Camps at the Bell Sensplex and Richcraft Sensplex (Promo code provided immediately after registration. Terms and conditions apply)
- FREE goalie clinic run by Ottawa Senators NHL Goalie Coach, Pierre Groulx offered to goalies who register by March 1, 2019! (date of the clinic will be announced during the season to those eligible)
- 100%+ ice time guarantee (only one goalie will ever be accepted per team, and priority access to play bonus games to cover for goalie absences at NO additional cost!)
- *NEW* Perfect attendance rewards: Goalie who play in 100% of their scheduled games will receive a $50 credit towards any Ottawa Senators Hockey Program. Goalie who only miss one (1) game day in the season will receive a $25 credit. (terms and conditions apply)
Schedules and Rosters are now available exclusively through TeamSnap! If you do not have access to your child's account please email [email protected].
All league games are played in 25-miniute blocks with warmup + 22 minutes of action (with two games occupying a one-hour block of ice time). The buzzer will sound every 90 seconds to signal a line change, so that all players receive equal ice time. Games will be scheduled back-to-back or with a one game break in-between, so that each team plays two games on every game day.
Scores are kept but not posted to reinforce the fun atmosphere this league presents.
West End League (Bell Sensplex)
Game Day: Sunday * excluding Apr 21 & May 19
Playoffs will take place on June 23rd.
Game Day: Thursday
Playoffs will take place on June 20th.
Game Day: Monday * excluding Apr 22
Playoffs will take place on June 24th.
Game Day: Tuesday * excluding May 21
Playoffs will take place on June 25th.
Divisions can play on any of the seven days of the week. The league is large, and ice allocations vary each week which means there are no set game nights, similar to a regular minor hockey schedule. For participants who are involved in other sports or activities, this allows for more flexibility in your schedule! ** The co-ed Midget division will have no Friday night games.
Playoffs will take place on Saturday June 22nd or Sunday June 23rd.
East End (Richcraft Sensplex)
Game Day: Wednesday
Playoffs will take place on June 26th
Game Day: Thursday* excluding Apr 22
Playoffs will take place on June 27th.
Game Day: Sundays* excluding Apr 21 & May 19
Playoffs will take place on June 23rd.
At the IP /Junior Fundamentals (2012-2014), and Novice (2010-2011) levels, half-ice 3-on-3 will be available to support the Hockey Canada mandate and provide even further development for young hockey players. Click here to view our Spring 3-on-3 League
At the Atom level, the recreational division is for those participants who are currently at any level of House League in the 2018/19 minor hockey season. The Competitive division is for participants who play at the Competitive levels during the 2018/19 minor hockey season.
If you are unsure about or have any questions pertaining to this please call at 613-599-0222 or email us prior to completing your registration. Participants enrolled in the incorrect division may be moved without prior notice. Also, please note that the divisions referenced above will be separated into exclusive divisions by ability where enrollment warrants. Combined divisions (Rec / Advanced) will be run where enrollment does not warrant a split. In each case, teams will be balanced to ensure the best possible experience for all. Full-team enrollments are not permitted in any Ottawa Senators youth league to protect competitive balance.
Cost and Payment Schedule
Hockey Canada Insurance: $35
Only applicable to participants who did NOT play in a Hockey Canada sanctioned team/league during the 2018-19 season. If you're unsure, don't hesitate to contact us!
|Hockey Canada Member||Non Hockey Canada Member|
Dressing Room Policy - Click Here
Hockey Eastern Ontario (HEO) Insurance/Sanctioning:
All Ottawa Senators Youth Leagues are sanctioned under Hockey Canada through HEO (Hockey Eastern Ontario). All participants who played in a registered minor hockey association during the 2018/19 are fully covered under this sanctioning. Any participant who did not play in a registered minor hockey association is required to purchase the HEO Sanctioning fee at the time of registration.
Girls who are currently registered players within the OWHA are already insured by Hockey Canada and therefore are not required to pay the additional HEO sanctioning fee. Only in the case where the participant has not been registered with either of the OWHA or the HEO would you be required to pay the fee.
In order to ensure balanced teams, please be advised that only ONE (1) friend request will be accepted per participant. All one-to-one friend requests will be honoured by league administrators, as long as they are received prior to March 1, 2019. Requests may be completed during your registration. Any participants who request more than one friend will automatically void their submission. This policy will help the 4-on-4 league strive for fair and well-balanced teams; while allowing participants to meet new teammates!
Please note that circular friend requests will not be honoured. A one-to-one friend request is valid when Player A requests to play with Player B and Player B requests to play with Player A. A circular request (that will not be honoured) is when Player A requests to play with Player B, Player B requests to play with Player C, and Player C requests to play with Player A. All three of the requests in the circular example will be automatically voided.
League administrators will use information provided during registration (level played during the 2018-19 season) to create teams of equal skill level at the start of the season. During the first four weeks of the season, each team will be evaluated by league coordinators and staff. Balancing moves will be made in order to ensure all teams are as equal as possible. These balancing moves will be made in such a way that friend requests are continuously honoured throughout the season. If you have any questions about the balancing process, please don't hesitate to contact league staff at 613-599-0222.
Still have any questions? Click here to visit our FAQ page!
You can also email us at [email protected] or give us a call at 613-599-0222!
Refund Policy: Read our Refund & Cancellation Policy