Ottawa Senators Summer 4-on-4 and NEW IP 3on3 League presented by Villanova Dental
July 5 2018 - August 12 2018
The Ottawa Senators 4-on-4 League presented by Villanova Dental Studio showcase fun and free-flowing hockey, without stoppages, face-offs, or coaches. Participants can expect 20 fast-paced games plus playoffs, music during all games, player-of-the-game awards & a Sens Youth League jersey. All this and this opportunity to be as creative as possible with the puck while developing new skills and enjoying the ultimate hockey experience!
Location: Bell Sensplex (Kanata) or Richcraft Sensplex (Gloucester)
Only leagues of their kind sanctioned by Hockey Canada (Hockey Eastern Ontario)
IP Practice and Play (West End Only)
- All players are part of one single team
- One hour (50 min of ice) per scheduled day - see schedule below!
- 1st half of the session is spend doing fun skill development drills
- 2nd half of the session is spent playing cross-ice mini hockey games
- Two program coaches on the ice leading drills and games
- Teams will be mixed up regularly for scrimmage portions
IP 3-on-3 League (East End Only)
- 20 full-ice regular season games plus playoffs (24 min game length)
- Each player receives their very own league jersey
- Rosters will include 8 skater spots
4-on-4 League Details:
- Features divisions for Novice, Atom, Peewee, Bantam-Midget division in both locations.
- 20 full-ice regular season games plus playoffs (22 minute game lengths)
- Each player receives their very own league jersey
- Rosters will include 9 skaters and 1 goalie
- Exclusive recreational and competitive divsions are available in the West End League
Ages for the Spring 2018 League will be based on 2017/18 minor hockey levels:
- IP - 2011-2013 (League in the East and NEW Practice and Play Program in the West)
- Novice - 2009-2011
- Atom - 2007-2008
- Peewee - 2005-2006
- Bantam - 2003-2004
- Midget 2000-2002
At the Novice level, the Intermediate division is for those participants who played at the House B or C level in the 2017/18 minor hockey season. The Advanced division is for participants who are playing at the House A or Competitive levels during the 2017/18 minor hockey season. As a league that promotes development, players born in 2011 and going into Novice in the 2018-2019 season are also invited to join the full-ice Novice Intermediate division.
At the Atom level, the recreational division is for those participants who played at any level of House League in the 2017/18 minor hockey season. The Competitive division is for participants who play at the Competitive levels during the 2017/18 minor hockey season.
If you are unsure about or have any questions pertaining to this please call at 613-599-0222 or email us prior to completing your registration. Participants enrolled in the incorrect division may be moved without prior notice. Also, please note that the divisions referenced above will be separated into exclusive divisions by ability where enrollment warrants. Combined divisions (Rec / Advanced) will be run where enrollment does not warrant a split. In each case, teams will be balanced to ensure the best possible experience for all. Full-team enrollments are not permitted in any Ottawa Senators Youth League in order to protect the competitive balance.
All divisions are coach-free to maximize player creativity, co-ed, non-contact! The buzzer will sound every 90 seconds to signal a line change, so that all players receive equal ice time. Games will be scheduled back-to-back or with a one game break in-between, so that each team plays two games on any gameday.
Scores are kept but not posted to reinforce the fun atmosphere this league presents. Final standings will be posted after your last regular season game - this is all in spirit of having fun!
With a single game elimination format, teams are guaranteed at least 1 playoff game. Prizing will be given out to the finalists and champions!
West End League and IP Practice and Play - Click here
East End League - Click here
Standings will only be available at the end of the season which will be used to determine playoff seedings!
We Love Goalies!
Goaltenders who register for any of the Ottawa Senators Youth Spring & Summer Leagues will receive a special discounted price and a fabulous development opportunity of facing MANY more shots than in any typical minor hockey setting. They will also receive ALL of the following exclusive benefits:
- Guaranteed friend request honoured (goalies can submit the name of any one skater at the same level and they are assured to be placed on their team, provided no other goalie has requested that player)
- A promo code valid for 10% off goaltender entry into any of the 2018 Ottawa Senators Summer Hockey Camps at the Bell Sensplex and Richcraft Sensplex. Excludes the Sens Goalie Camp by Pierre Groulx. Promo code for the Ottawa Senators Summer Hockey Camps will be provided immediately after registration
- Priority access to play bonus games to cover for goalie absences at NO ADDITIONAL COST (no “spare” goalies will be given this opportunity before our full-timers!)
- 100% ice time guarantee (only one goalie will ever be accepted per team)
- FREE entry into an 80-minute Ottawa Senators Hockey Programs Goalie Clinic if you register before March 1, 2018 (To be scheduled in June 2018. Details to be distributed in May 2017)
Cost and Payment Schedule
Hockey Canada Insurance: $35
Only applicable to participants who did NOT play in a Hockey Canada sanctioned team/league during the 2017-18 season. If you're unsure, don't hesitate to contact us!
|Hockey Canada Member||Non Hockey Canada Member|
|IP 3on3 Skater||$315.00||$350.00|
Hockey Eastern Ontario (HEO) Insurance/Sanctioning:
All Ottawa Senators Youth Leagues are sanctioned under Hockey Canada through HEO (Hockey Eastern Ontario). All participants who played in a registered minor hockey association during the 2017/18 are fully covered under this sanctioning. Any participant who did not play in a registered minor hockey association is required to purchase the HEO Sanctioning fee at the time of registration.
Girls who are currently registered players within the OWHA are already insured by Hockey Canada and therefore are not required to pay the additional HEO sanctioning fee. Only in the case where the participant has not been registered with either of the OWHA or the HEO would you be required to pay the fee.
In order to ensure balanced teams, please be advised that only ONE (1) friend request will be accepted per participant. All one-to-one friend requests will be honoured by league administrators, as long as they are received prior to June 22, 2018. Requests may be completed during your registration. Any participants who request more than one friend will automatically void their submission. Goalies are exempt (please see why WE LOVE GOALIES! above). This policy will help the league strive for fair and well-balanced teams; while allowing participants to meet new teammates!
Please note that circular friend requests will not be honoured. A one-to-one friend request is valid when Player A requests to play with Player B and Player B requests to play with Player A. A circular request (that will not be honoured) is when Player A requests to play with Player B, Player B requests to play with Player C, and Player C requests to play with Player A. All three of the requests in the circular example will be automatically voided.
League administrators will use information provided during registration (level played during the 2017-18 season) to create teams of equal skill level at the start of the season. During the first four weeks of the season, each team will be evaluated by league coordinators and staff. Balancing moves will be made in order to ensure all teams are as equal as possible. These balancing moves will be made in such a way that friend requests are continuously honoured throughout the season. If you have any questions about the balancing process, please don't hesitate to contact league staff at 613-599-0222.
Still have any questions? Click here to visit our FAQ page!
Refund Policy: Read our Refund & Cancellation Policy.