Performance & Power Skating
The Performance & Power Skating program is designed to push participants to become more efficient and powerful skaters.
Skaters will be challenged with drills designed to teach proper body positioning and balance, as well as how to properly use all four edges at varying speeds. Mastery of these four edges will allow players to improve agility and speed through an efficient skating stride.
All sessions will feature an edge station, where players will be challenged with drills designed and executed by one of our figure skating instructors. This exciting addition to our program will allow players to benefit from the best of modern skating-specific teaching methods to improve their stride.
Each session is designed to take participants out of their comfort zones and push them to become better skaters. The program will include lessons on forward and backwards stride, starts & stops, crossovers, tight turns and overall lateral mobility.
There will be minimal use of pucks with the exception of reinforcing good skating habits while handling a puck. Players can expect a progressive learning curve to a plateau of perfect technique and efficiency.
We believe that perfection and excellence comes through repetition and as such all subsequent sessions while following the same basic program outline and structure will focus on, with new drills and other small variations, the same basic core skills and techniques.
Instruction will be delivered in both small group and full ice settings (largely through line-skating drills when working with the full ice). Small groups will be used to provide specific technique teaching, while full ice drills will be used to evaluate and check the progress of all participants.
- Novice to Bantam (2004 – 2011)
- Cost: $265
- Monday January 14, 21, 28, February 4, 11, 20*, 25, March 4- Click here to register
- Novice - 6:15 p.m - SOLD OUT * Please note there are no classes February 18 for Family Day
- Novice/Atom - 7:15 p.m SOLD OUT
- Peewee/Bantam - 8:15 p.m
- Tuesday January 15, 22, 29, February 5, 12, 19, 26, March 5 - Click here to register
- Novice - 6:15 p.m- SOLD OUT
- Novice/Atom/Peewee/Bantam - 7:15 p.m SOLD OUT
- Monday March 18, 25, April 1, 8, 15, 29, May 6, 13 - * Please note there are no classes April 22nd- Click here to register
- Novice - 6:15 p.m (Starting on April 8- 6:00 PM)
- Atom - 7:15 p.m (Starting on April 8- 7:00 PM)
- Peewee/Bantam - 8:15 p.m (Starting on April 8- 9:00 PM)
- Tuesday March 19, 26, April 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, May 7- Click here to register
- Novice - 6:15 p.m
- Atom/Peewee/Bantam - 7:15 p.m
Email [email protected] to be added to the notification list for the Fall session.
Performance & Power Skating Curriculum
|Week #||Skating Stride||Movement & Agility|
|1||Hockey stance & balance, extension & recovery in forward stride||
|Open-ice puck carry with correct skating stride, tight turns with pucks, resistance training using parachutes|
|Backward puck carry with correct skating stride, developing agility in moving front to back & side to side, transition pivots with pucks|
*This will be the main outline for the Performance & Power Skating program. Depending on the level of the class, day-to-day lessons may change throughout the session.
- Ages 7-8 Novice - born 2010-2011
- Ages 9-10 Atom - born 2008-2009
- Ages 11-12 Peewee - born 2006-2007
- Ages 13-14 Bantam - born 2004-2005
All of our hockey programs require full equipment to be provided by the parent/guardian. No child shall participate without: Hockey skates, CSA- approved helmet (with cage), neck guard, shoulder pads, elbow pads, hockey pants, jock or jill, shin pads, hockey gloves and a hockey stick. Mouth guards are optional.
Please call 613 599 0222, or email [email protected] for more information regarding schedule. E-mails with scheduling and general information go out one week prior to the start date.
Refund Policy: Read our Refund & Cancellation Policy.
2018/19 Ticket Giveaway Contest: Rules