Summer Breakaway Youth 3-on-3 Tournament presented by the Ottawa Senators Hockey Programs
June 15 2019
The Summer Breakaway 3-on-3 Tournament presented by the Ottawa Senators Hockey Programs is being held Saturday, June 15th at the Richcraft Sensplex!
Kick off your summer break with a fun, single-day tournament for players of all skill levels from IP to Midget. With recreational and competitive divisions, all players are guaranteed a minimum of four, fast-paced games on Saturday, June 15, 2019.
Register a whole team (6 skaters and a goalie) for the incredibly low cost of just $370!
- All teams guaranteed a minimum of four cross-ice games, played using half-hour blocks at the Richcraft Sensplex.
- Competitive and recreational divisions are available (depending on final division sizes).
- Great prizing for champions as well as participant gifts for all players.
- Body checking is not allowed at any division, to ensure an enjoyable game for all.
- Ottawa Senators Hockey Programs staff will serve as facilitators for each game, ensuring fast, fun hockey for all participants. (Timekeepers will also be provided by the tournament.)
- Gameplay will consist of one, running time 22-minute period, with a two-minute warmup.
- The buzzer will sound every 90 seconds to indicate a full change, though players may also change on the fly.
- Please note that all players will be required to bring both a light and a dark jersey.
- Teams will be awarded two points for a win, one point for a tie, and zero points for a loss.
In the event two teams are tied in the standings at the conclusion of the round-robin, playoff seeding will be detemined based on the following order:
- The head to head result involving the teams tied (two-way ties only or if one team has beaten all others they are tied with).
- The team with the most wins in round robin play.
- The highest ratio of goals for divided by goals for plus goals against [GF/(GF + GA)]
- Coin toss by the tournament coordinator or a designated representative.
Overtime will only be played in playoff and championship games if regulation time produces a tie. Overtime shall consist of:
- A shootout with 3 skaters from each team. The team that scores the most goals with these three skaters will be declared the winner. The higher-seeded team will have the option of shooting first or last. If the teams have the same number of penalty minutes in the game, the HOME team will shoot LAST. Once the order is determined, it will remain the same for all future rounds of shootout. A player from one team will go, followed by a player from the other team, and so on until all 3 designated players have gone.
- If still tied a sudden-death shootout with one player from each team. Each shooter must not have participated in any prior round of the shootout. Whichever team shot first in the previous round, will once again shoot first.
- Repeat step above until no skater remains that has not yet participated from either team. At this point the shootout will continue in reverse order starting with the player who has most recently shot. This will continue until a winner is decided.
For more information please give us a call at 613-599-0222 or send us an email at [email protected]